Williamstown High School has enjoyed support from the WHS Parents & Friends Association for many years and we endeavour to continue this proud tradition. Our vision is a school that provides the best for its students.
Our broad aims are to:
- Contribute to a robust, dynamic and healthy school community.
- Promote a broad range of opportunities for students, so that they become competent, confident, motivated individuals who contribute positively to the school, and local area.
- Facilitate communication between parents, the school, and the broader community.
- Encourage good citizenship among students by providing Annual Citizenship Awards to a boy and girl in each year level.
- Raise funds to assist a variety of school programs and facilities.
WHS PFA meets twice per term and provides an informal venue for parents and friends to support teachers and students of Willi High. The meetings are informative and relaxed. You are able to air concerns, chat with other parents and enjoy listening to our regular guest speakers, including the Campus Principals. This provides a good opportunity to discuss various school issues, and be part of the interested and involved broader school community.
The 2021 meeting schedule is as follows:
16 March (the AGM)
Currently we work to:
- Continue to support the school welfare department, breakfast club and the schools innovative new Positive Behaviours Program with an annual financial contribution
- Offer Student Citizenship Awards of $100 each for two students in each year level, as annual end of year PFA awards.
- Demonstrate parents’ appreciation of our hard-working teachers/staff by providing an annual ‘staff thank-you’ afternoon tea.
- Organise the WHS Second-hand Book sale at the end of every year.
- Have regular meetings inviting guest speakers (often campus principals) to inform us on a range of issues.
- Organise a range of fundraising activities and functions to support various school programs, initiatives and facilities, including the annual Bayview St Campus Art Show.
The following parents are your 2021 PFA committee office bearers:
- President – Cath Palin
- Vice-President – Vacant
- Secretary – Julie Taylor
- Treasurer – John Mifsud
- School Council Representative – Julie Taylor
- General Committee Members – Elizabeth Cushion, Julie-Anne Smith, Anne Cooper, Lauren Gregory, Allison Lauder, Megan Scott, Amanda Smith, Jo Patel, Tina Mifsud and Deb Ramsey
Please email email@example.com if you have any further questions.
We are fundraising with Entertainment ™! Get savings right at your fingertips with endless offers across dining, shopping and experiences – do more of what you love and give back to our School with 20% of the proceeds of each membership going towards our fundraising.
You can purchase either a Single City, Multi City or Multi Plus membership with each membership offering 1,000’s of dollars’ worth of savings for local dining, takeaway, travel, attractions, shopping and much more!
Order your digital Entertainment Book online and enjoy! For more details please click on the link below https://www.entertainment.com.au/orderbooks/1884e76
We thank you for your contribution!
Parents and Friends Association