Submissions due 20th May 2019
Conditions of entry
- The competition is open to all
creative pieces of any style and form.
- Students are allowed a maximum of two entries in the competition.
- Students are permitted to submitted
- Entries can be a short story, poem,
lyric, informative essay or discursive piece.
- This is a school wide competition and
is inclusive of both Bayview and Pasco campuses; however, each campus will have
different prompts and categories.
- Absolutely no plagiarism of any kind;
previously submitted entries or any plagiarised work will automatically
- Pieces are allowed an open word
limit, but should not exceed a 50 word minimum and a 2500 word maximum.
- Submission must draw inspiration from
the visual prompt.
- All entrants will receive feedback
from the judging panel after the closure of the competition.
- All entries must be submitted online
via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject as:
[Your Full Name: Title of Submission] or by another negotiated source
(eg. hardcopy to Ms Zhou)
The winners of the Semester One
Principal’s Writing Competition will:
- receive free tickets to a day long literary festival/workshop
- receive a personally gifted book from the Principal
- have their piece published in the Principal’s Writing Competition anthology
- have their name on the Principal’s Writing Competition honour board
- receive an individualised trophy acknowledging their achievement
The judging panel will consist of Ms Zhou (Student Leadership Coordinator), Olivia Meehan (Journalism Captain) and another nominated teacher/student.